The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Odd issue - dropbox-synced files get broken apart? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Okay, this is a really odd issue that may or may not be related to Dropbox.

I have all of my OG files in a folder synced to Dropbox. I've noticed recently a weird issue where files I've saved on one system sometimes open in another with all of the items in the file broken apart and some of the positioning changed.

When I say broken apart, I mean broken apart - this screenshot shows a block of text:

http://neil.io/MVd7

Has anyone seen this behaviour before, and is it related to Dropbox or something else? As you can imagine this is pretty bad as it means I have to often try to find an earlier version that wasn't broken up like this.

I'm running OG 5.3.6 on Mac OS X 10.7.4.

Thanks!

Do you ever have the files open on more than one computer at a time while making changes? Doing so can produce unexpected results, though I'm not sure I can explain yours, especially not knowing how it originally looked.

You might consider using Help->Send Feedback to send in a copy of your damaged file to Omni; perhaps there are some clues to be found within it. There's an option to change the text to gibberish if the contents are confidential.