The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus 2! The Debut. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was not able to attend but I signed up for the beta. When will the people who were not able to make it get to beta test the new software.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvsross View Post
I was not able to attend but I signed up for the beta.
You and apparently 10,000 other people! Ken seemed pretty surprised by that number.
Quote:
When will the people who were not able to make it get to beta test the new software.

Thanks!
You aren't missing out on anything yet, those in attendance just got a card with a code to register their interest, nothing to play with yet. Rereading the announcement, it is easy to get the impression that we'd be able to download something immediately, but it doesn't actually say that, just that we would get early access to the beta. It appears there is still a substantial amount of development yet to be done (for example, the Review mode wasn't live; we only saw a screenshot of the current proposed design). At this stage it would probably be rather frustrating to use it.

Wow. 10,000 people. Amazing. Thanks for the heads up!

We have to remember that beta versions are functioning versions but with possibly loaded with hidden bugs and an interface that is still evolving.

Use beta software only if you are willing to risk your data.

Ten thousand people? Wow! I guess that would include a lot of other users from competing products such as Things and The Hit List.

I remember being frustrated by the limits of Things but loving the user interface. I often switch between the iPad version and the Mac version of OF and longing to bring the iPAD UI to the Mac version.

*sigh* Waiting for that e-mail from Omnigroup that says we get invited to the public beta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonng View Post
*sigh* Waiting for that e-mail from Omnigroup that says we get invited to the public beta!
Yep, like checking email everyday...Like a child waiting on next Christmas...starting the day after haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I also use "Desk" and "phone" contexts; additionally, I have contexts for the various folks here at Omni. Discussions I need to have and tasks I've delegated and need to check back on are the main things that end up in those people-contexts.

I know Ken has contexts for his "coder" headspace vs his "ceo" headspace, so he doesn't distract himself with tasks from one while working on tasks in the other. I get the impression you're self-employed; maybe separating out the "work on this design task" actions from the "run my business" ones would be helpful in cutting down on the apparent size of the Work list?
Do you have plan to integrate "share" function of a action with others via email in your OF 2.0?