The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workspace Ideas Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Here are few workspace ideas I've had.

1. Have an option to visually display the name of the current workspace. Prehaps in the status bar, title bar or even in the menu bar say in place of the Workspace menu.

2. An advanced workspace mode which allows multiple workspaces to be open at the same time. Opening a new window would open it in the same workspace as the currently workspace, or if no windows are open use the last workspace used. Web pages could be dragged from one workspace to another. Pressing a workspace function key or choosing a workspace from the Workspace menu would toggle that workspace on or off. Turning off the last open workspace would also turn on the "Default" workspace.

3. Assuming that the workspace was shown in the status bar, it would be nice if clicking on it brought up a list of workspaces, which when picked would send that window to the selected workspace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaphneDiane View Post
Here are few workspace ideas I've had.

1. Have an option to visually display the name of the current workspace. Prehaps in the status bar, title bar or even in the menu bar say in place of the Workspace menu.
Hello,

An option to visualize the number or the name of the current workspace will be very helpful . F1 , F2 or #1 , #2 .... in the statubar or somewhere else .
I have 11 workspaces now , I plan to add more, and sometimes I'm lost .