The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Form Bug? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I know I have forwarded this bug via the built in reporting tool but I would like to know if/when it might be fixed.

The bug that I encounter on a daily basis is if I use a forum and key something into the search field (form element), then click the back button, I get the OW dialog requesting me to Send or Cancel the transaction.

If I don't click Cancel and I do hit send, the dialog stays and will not go away until I quit OW or keep hitting send and the browser finally crashes.

This bug has been there since day one of Sneaky's.

Regards

Can you give an example of how to reproduce this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
Can you give an example of how to reproduce this?
Ok, this isn't site specific so I'll use the one that I can reproduce it on every time.

1. Goto: http://virtuemart.net/index.php?opti..._smf&Itemid=71

2. In the Forum search box in the upper right corner, type a search work like Firefox

3. Once the search results come back, scroll to the bottom of the page and find the page numbers (e.g. [1] 2 3 4....16).

4. Click consecutively until page five or so. Next click a topic to view it.

5. Now click the back button until you get the dropdown which wants to resend form values.

6. Click Send.

The box will not go away. When you keep clicking send, OW crashes. Repeatable 100% of the time by me.

:-)

Thanks...

BTW, this is reproducible with today's build. 89901

Last edited by WebJIVE; 2007-08-10 at 12:17 PM..

This is perfect, thanks!

I've added your steps to our database to help the engineers.