The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Perspectives Icons Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thanks for the insights to your workflow halbtuerke. However, I have some questions to your perspectives (because my setup is similar to yours, but I don't understand how you work with some of your perspectives):

a) Why do you have an "Active" perspective and a "Morning Review" perspective. I understand that the sorting is different and it could be a little better to view projects by the due criteria but for me there aren't enough benefits to have two perspectives for almost the same view. Is there this one "big killer reason" why you splitted this view into another perspective and which I just don't know?

b) "Lists" are only your "On hold" projects. Why is this the "Lists" perspective and not the "On hold" one? My speculation was that you abuse the "On hold" status for projects to enter everything into OmniFocus while keeping the mess from your active projects away, but it's only a guess. An explanation would be really great.

c) How do you use the "Daily Focus" perspective? I have a similar one but the right name for this perspective in my setup would be "Daily mess". There are tons of next actions I can do and I just feel overwhelmed by all the stuff I have to do. For the "Do" step I almost only use an overdue and a flagged perspective (in this order). I've practically never used this perspective in my setup (although a lot of people say this perspective should be in your default setup).

d) I guess "Achievements" is your perspective with all your finished projects to strengthen your ego? (I'm asking because I see no screenshot or description for this perspective).

It would be really nice if you could answer some of my questions. Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbugajewski View Post
a) Why do you have an "Active" perspective and a "Morning Review" perspective. I understand that the sorting is different and it could be a little better to view projects by the due criteria but for me there aren't enough benefits to have two perspectives for almost the same view. Is there this one "big killer reason" why you splitted this view into another perspective and which I just don't know?
I think it's just my personal preference. When I wake up I just want to see what's due today or tomorrow and jot down a little today-list which contains tasks I should get done today. Active on the other side are all of my tasks without any grouping or sorting so I can get a glimpse of all my unfinished projects and tasks.
Quote:
b) "Lists" are only your "On hold" projects. Why is this the "Lists" perspective and not the "On hold" one? My speculation was that you abuse the "On hold" status for projects to enter everything into OmniFocus while keeping the mess from your active projects away, but it's only a guess. An explanation would be really great.
I really like to have lists for various things e.g. Books I want to read, Movies I want to watch etc. I totally abused the "On hold" status and just use it for my lists so that they don't clutter up my tasks.
Quote:
c) How do you use the "Daily Focus" perspective? I have a similar one but the right name for this perspective in my setup would be "Daily mess". There are tons of next actions I can do and I just feel overwhelmed by all the stuff I have to do. For the "Do" step I almost only use an overdue and a flagged perspective (in this order). I've practically never used this perspective in my setup (although a lot of people say this perspective should be in your default setup).
I don't mind the "Daily mess" because there's always the option to focus on just the contexts you are working on and if you have a lot of sequential projects this perspective is excellent because you only get the next actions for all your projects.
Quote:
d) I guess "Achievements" is your perspective with all your finished projects to strengthen your ego? (I'm asking because I see no screenshot or description for this perspective).
Sorry, the screenshot was somehow offline but now it's back online. You're right, Achievements are just for my ego so I can look at what I've done so far.

Best regards