The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lock formatting/disable "custom" formatting Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

Is it possible to force OO to only use the specified document style attributes or maybe to just lock formatting completely?

Most times iīm just using my default OO style and i donīt want to be able to change that. I always manage to mesh up the document attributes by setting custom formatting.. For me, outlining is all about creating content and not fidling with formatting (thats what we have text editors for).

Last edited by ST87; 2008-09-05 at 12:10 AM..

Oh boy would I love this feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST87 View Post
Hi

Is it possible to force OO to only use the specified document style attributes or maybe to just lock formatting completely?

Most times iīm just using my default OO style and i donīt want to be able to change that. I always manage to mesh up the document attributes by setting custom formatting.. For me, outlining is all about creating content and not fidling with formatting (thats what we have text editors for).
If you only want to use the your predefined styles and then you end up with something you don't want, the Format -> Clear Styles function should clean that up nicely for you. It will remove local and inherited styles and leave the document/level/column styles.

There is not a way to lock the formatting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bantik View Post
One of the (few) aggravations I have with OO is when I paste text in from another app, and ruin my outline style in the process.
There's the other paste option, Paste With Current Style that does just want you want, it will paste the test as plain text so it takes on the styles of your OO document instead.

You could also swap the keyboard shortcuts for the two paste options by setting up custom key bindings for OO through the OS X keyboard prefs. You can look under the OS X help for the "Creating keyboard shortcuts for applications" article on how to do this. If you have any questions about it, just let me know.