The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Meaning of Font Colors and Styles? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniFocus seems to use three different font colors/styles:
  • black/regular
  • light grey/regular
  • violet/italic
What is the meaning of these colors and styles?

Tango

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango
OmniFocus seems to use three different font colors/styles:
  • black/regular
  • light grey/regular
  • violet/italic
What is the meaning of these colors and styles?

Tango
  • violet = a next action (you can do this now, and it is the topmost action in its project).
  • black = an available action (you can do this now, but it is not a next action in its project
  • italic gray = not available action (you can not do this now, due to start date in the future, context set to not allow actions, or dependent on an unaccomplished prior action within a sequential project)

And be careful.
I tried to use the Font selection to change the color for part of the text for one action. OF treated that as a change to my Preferences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckbo
And be careful.
I tried to use the Font selection to change the color for part of the text for one action. OF treated that as a change to my Preferences.
Rich text support isn't included yet, so you can only format whole items. Also, OF currently doesn't have a notation of separate styles for separate items. So if you format one Next Action, you format them all.

Curt