The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omniweb Last two Nightlies have deleted my bookmarks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

As mentioned above, the last two nightlies, after they were been open and running for a while on my computer proceeded to wipe all my bookmarks stored in Favourites.

It first happened on v622.11.0.125701 and has again happened on v622.11.0.125886 as well.

It is really quite frustrating as it means I have lost articles that were linked and I have no way of retrieving elsewhere but also that the issue keeps on occurring. Looking at the historical release notes, one previous issue noted with Omniweb 5.1 was bookmark corruption and suggested deleting the Server Bookmarks (~/Library/Application Support/Omniweb5...) which I did after the first wipe. I also deleted the version which was stored on the iDisk which had also been wiped in this process. I then resumed Bookmark Synchronising (after rebuilding the favourites by hand) and the issue occurred again on the latest nightly.

Any ideas how to stop it occurring as it is quite the show-stopper!

Thanks

Are you syncing with Mobile Me or some other webdav service?
Does the problem persist if you turn off Bookmark Syncing?

Do you have any errors in your Error Log? (Found in the Window menu)

Hello.

I had the same problem too. Im syncing with Mobile Me.

OW just deleting bookmarks file so i loose all my bookmarks under the "favotires" category. I check the file under ~/Library/Application Support/Omniweb 5 an the file named bookmarks.html doesn't exist. I check manually too into OW backup in my OW account, same thing, the file was gone.

I try restoring all my bookmarks from an older backup folder. But every time i ran OW again, the file just disappeared. Also i try importing them from Safari, same thing.

Finally i add one by one manually and it works, for now. I didn't see anything unusual or related to bookmarks in the Error Log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
Are you syncing with Mobile Me or some other webdav service?
Does the problem persist if you turn off Bookmark Syncing?

Do you have any errors in your Error Log? (Found in the Window menu)

I did have it syncing with MobileMe before the issue occurred. As lgsobalvarro noted, the backup online had also deleted the bookmarks. I rebuilt some of the bookmarks from an old backup and the issue occurred again within a day. (this happened even after I had deleted the backup on the iDisk so a fresh backup of the new bookmarks was created.)

In the end I again rebuilt the bookmarks with Bookmark syncing now turned off and the issue has not returned for the last 3 days or so. Still a little frustrating as I would like to use the syncing facility and have a current backup online. In this case the feature has failed on both counts :(

Any advice?