The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quicktime movie crashes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Since I upgraded to 10.5.5, I'm getting numerous crashes with pages containing QuickTime movies or Java applets.

(example: www.classicsapp.com)

The crash reporter doesn't include any backtrace, so I don't have a clue.

Anybody else experiencing these symptoms?

You might try disabling your webplugin. Open Preferences. Select the Plug-in pane. Locate the "QuickTime Plugin.webplugin" item and uncheck it. Restart OmniWeb and see if the crashes continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
You might try disabling your webplugin.
Precisely what I did (along with the Java plugin).

Omniweb doesn't crash anymore, but
the problem is, now my webpages don't have movies or applets...

Is there any may to coerce OW into provideing useful debug intel? Like a backtrace?

There should be two QuicktTime plug-ins. One with a ".plugin" extension, the other with a "webplugin" extension.

The webplugin one is designed to work for WebKit based browsers specifically. The plugin one will work with any browser that supports the classic style of plug-in (Firefox for instance uses this one).

OmniWeb can use both but it prefers the webplugin version. Do you not see this other plug-in in your list?