The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Not just today and tomorrow, but the rest of the week? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello everyone,

I've been using OF for a while now, but there's still something that really puzzles me-- how do I see what's coming up due date wise? I know there is a Perspective called "Due", and that's moderately helpful. It shows me, automagically, what's due today and tomorrow. Then it jumps to "due within the next week", and then also shows what you should have done on the following intervals:
Last Week
Last Month
Last Three Months
Last Year

Can't I have more control than this? I tried making my own Perspective, but maybe I just don't understand how to tweak a Perspective to my own liking. I've tried manipulating the filters in the view bar, but that doesn't really get me anywhere either. Am I missing something?

What I'd really like to be able to do is assign myself a bunch of tasks for a time interval I choose, for example this week, then see what's due today, tomorrow and then Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Or maybe I want to see two weeks, or all of April... day by day.

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, do feel free to point me towards those posts if needed. I appreciate in advance any help or advice anyone can give me...

Thanks!

David - I know we have a feature request open on allowing more customization of the buckets that the "Group By" filter sorts things into. If you email the support ninjas, they can add your email to that item in our development database.

For the 1.0 release of OmniFocus, we tried to pick default values for those buckets that would be a good foundation; if you try to do everything perfectly, you never actually ship the product. :-)

I'm just relieved to know that it's not just me, its the software! I'll email this to the support ninjas.
Thanks!
--David