The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > Omni Frameworks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't run TextEditor example. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I can compile the example but when I tap New Document I get an error in the log:

2010-05-14 14:23:35.293 TextEditor[17032:207] OUIDocumentPicker needs a concrete implementation of -urlForNewDocumentWithName:ofType: at /Users/jsambells/Desktop/OmniGroup/Frameworks/OmniUI/iPad/OUIDocumentPicker.m:498

ideas?

Got it working in 3.2 however this error occurs in the 4.0 beta release.

I got it working as well (had to build the OmniUI and other libs) in their "touch" versions as their default build settings were for Mac OS X, which caused all sorts of linker havoc.

VERY cool library. Thanks OG!

Once I get my head around stuff I will see if there is anything my meager skills can help out with.

I did have a question which I will throw out here as you seem to be actively engaged with the library.

I have included OUIEditableFrame in my own project (and required OG libs), and can get it to "work" in the sense that I can type into it. But I think I have a coordinate problem as the text starts below the keyboard when it comes up. So it can't be seen while typing.

How can I fix this? Is there a property I need to set to get the frame to start the text at the top of the OUIEditableFrame rect?

Also, for a multipage document, how does one define what a page is and how long it would be? Would the "proper" approach be UIView -> UIScrollView->OUIEditableFrame? And when one frame is "full" I somehow detect this and create a new one and append it to the scroll view?

Sorry for the newbie questions but I am pretty new to Core Text and OG's libraries. They seem very powerful but I am just not clear on how to do stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamamused View Post
Got it working in 3.2 however this error occurs in the 4.0 beta release.
hi iamamused, how did you resolve your problem? I'm getting the same error.

2010-07-02 14:23:36.957 TextEditor[34323:207] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'OBAbstractImplementation', reason: 'OUIDocumentPicker needs a concrete implementation of -urlForNewDocumentWithName:ofType: at /Volumes/Mac Work/OmniGroup/Frameworks/OmniUI/iPad/OUIDocumentPicker.m:472'
2010-07-02 14:23:36.959 TextEditor[34323:207] Stack: (...........)

Can you please share the solution to this problem?

waiting for your reply desperately ...... ':(

It looks like the built-in UTI definition for "public.rtf" has gone missing. This was present before without us having to define it in the TextEditor's Info.plist, so I'm not sure what has happened. I'm looking into it now.

So, for some reason, "public.rtf" isn't defined when running in the simulator, but it is when running on the device. I don't know if I just didn't notice this before, or if it changed at some point (probably the former).

Anyway, I've added public.rtf in our Info.plist's UTImportedTypeDeclarations. This lets our definition get used if there isn't one exported by someone else (on the simulator) or do nothing if there is one (on the device).

In order to get this change to show up, I had to blow away my iPhone simulator state (removed ~/Library/Application\ Support/iPhone\ Simulator) and Xcode build output, else the simulator's cache of UTI information didn't get rebuilt properly.