The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnifocus to Omnioutliner (including columns) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have drafted an applescript which I am using to export Omnifocus projects and tasks to Omnioutliner Professional, including the Context, Start Date, Due Date, Completion Date, Duration and Flagged columns.

No guarantees that it will work on your system, but it may be a useful reference, and you should be able to extend it to include any other columns that you may need.

Rob

Download page

Seems to work for me

leopard 1.5.1
intel iMac

thank you

and not to look a gift horse in the teeth, but it does not send the formating with it...but it does get there

No luck for me. I get "NSReceiverEvaluationScriptError: 3" with the first instance of "project" highlighted when run from Script Editor.

Tiger on PPC.

Haven't yet found a way of reproducing that error with Leopard 10.5.1 and Omnifocus 96221, but it might be worth trying to run the script from the Omnifocus toolbar:

1. Copy the script to ~\Library\Scripts\Omnifocus
2. In Omnifocus choose View\Customize Toolbar, and drag the script onto the toolbar.

(It can be helpful before stage 1, to select the script, choose "Get Info" from the Ctrl-Click menu, select the icon at top left, and then paste an alternative graphic to serve as an icon for the script).

(The script seems, incidentally, to run faster from the the Omnifocus toolbar than when launched from Script Editor).

Note that I have now posted a new version which is intended to export only whatever is displayed and selected in the right-hand content panel.

Last edited by RobTrew; 2007-12-19 at 01:29 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
it might be worth trying to run the script from the Omnifocus toolbar:

1. Copy the script to ~\Library\Scripts\Omnifocus
2. In Omnifocus choose View\Customize Toolbar, and drag the script onto the toolbar.
Nope, same error that way.

(Note that I'm posting this for the sake of anyone else trying to troubleshoot the script - I'm not expecting technical support from you! :) )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Nope, same error that way.
Would be interested to know whether this is occurring with the new version (which exports from selections in the right-hand content panel), and if so, on which line of code. (Also whether you are using OO Pro or plain OO - it is written for the former)

Last edited by RobTrew; 2007-12-19 at 05:47 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarymonkey27 View Post
not to look a gift horse in the teeth, but it does not send the formatting with it
Exporting the formatting is probably not an option for the moment - as far as I can see Applescript only has access to the raw text in Omnifocus.

A set of Omnioutliner styles might be your best bet.