The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problems moving a project up and down Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Folks,

I appear to have a problem that I didn't seem to have before.

In the Main Outline, when I use the key command to move a project up or down within a folder, it jumps all the way to the top of my Library instead of just up or down one level in the project stack. It works properly in the Sidebar. I have tried numerous combinations of filters with no luck, including setting everything to Unsorted/Any Staus. I thought for sure OF had the same behavior in the Sidebar and Main Outline and would swear I have been doing this forever with no problems.

The only thing I have done recently is to create and use some custom themes. However, I have reset the theme/styles, relaunched, restarted, etc. but still no luck.

Thanks

I've occasionally seen strange behavior with reordering projects. It seems to be related to specific projects that don't want to behave correctly. Does it happen for all your projects, or just the ones in a particular folder?

I haven't been able to replicate the problem, so I haven't filed a bug report. If you can replicate the problem, use Help → Send Feedback to describe the problem.

Curt

Hi Curt,

It seems to be a problem for all of the folders/projects regardless of how many I have visible in the view/perspective. Even if I choose Perspectives > Revert to Default View, it will still send the project out of it's enclosing folder and to the top of the entire stack. It disappears form the Main Outline view but I can see it in the Sidebar. I can Undo and it goes back to it's previous location.

Right now I am just using the Sidebar to re-order my projects.

Thanks for your help.