The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bookmarks: where in the tree? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm sure this is obvious and I'll let out a "Doh!" once I've been informed but....

I get that you find your bookmark within Favorites from the Bookmarks view by typing in the little search box. Great. Now the matching bookmarks show up in the list. What I haven't figured out is, when selecting the bookmark itself and looking at all its info, how do you tell which bookmark folder contains the bookmark? Is there a way, through holding down 12 modifier keys or something to show the tree structure down to your bookmark? If so, I haven't found it.

If this doesn't exist it would be handy to show the path to the bookmark in the status bar or something. I have way too many folders and bookmarks built up over the years and reorganizing them without tree views is a pain.

Piece of cake.

Select Mark as Unviewed in the context menu. This will give the bookmark a little check mark which you simply follow as you drill down through your bookmark tree.

Ah cool, yes, that'll work. But unfortunately I first must mark everything else in a like path as viewed. I like my idea of showing the path in the status bar better, it doesn't muck with any other bookmark. ;)

edit: OK, I discovered that I can UNDO the status change of Unviewed for all other links. this will work fine for now.

thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry
Piece of cake.

Select Mark as Unviewed in the context menu. This will give the bookmark a little check mark which you simply follow as you drill down through your bookmark tree.

Last edited by phelme; 2007-07-08 at 08:28 AM..