The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Defined Contexts not showing up? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all:

This is so simple and yet it's not working. I dump into my Inbox. Many of them are not projects so I ignore that. I go through the list and select a context from the popup. I go into context mode and click on the context and nothing shows up.

I review the help and it seems like I'm doing it correctly.

So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
John...

Only items filed in your Library appear in Context mode. In other words, items in the Inbox are considered "unprocessed" and aren't ready to be acted upon.

To process items in your Inbox, assign contexts/projects and, depending on how you've setup your preferences (see Inbox Processing under the Data icon in OmniFocus prefs), you should be able to click the Clean Up toolbar button (purple hand broom) or hit Command-K to file the items in the Library.

Then switch to Context mode and have a look. Assuming the recently processed actions match your view bar settings, you should see them listed there.

Hope this helps!

I see. It makes sense except that the options for setting context and others are available at the Inbox level. But I'll create other folders and move them to it.

Appreciate,
John...