The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb 5.9.1 sneaky peeks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Fantastic...PLEASE keep going. I have just returned from having been seduced by Safari 4. Now that I am back I once again wonder why I ever leave?! That's fantastic news that you are willing to adapt safari 4 engine. PLEASE keep it going! Thanks!

I just discovered the new Sneaky Peeks yesterday and today found that in the current version the tab drawer disappears and the screen pops back to full size when all but one tab are closed. This was #1 on my wish list and I thank Omni for implementing it.
Besides adopting the Safari 4 rendering engine I hope you'll work toward passing the Acid 3 test; right now OmniWeb is tied with Firefox at 70% while Safari is fully compliant.
It's good to know that OmniWeb is still being developed and supported even though it's now free. Thanks for all your good work!

Last edited by jwthomas; 2009-03-07 at 09:21 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
I think we're going to try to do 1 in the fairly near future.
I think that's the best news I have heard about OmniWeb is a year or so. The free thing is cool, but I'd gladly pay for upgrades. As long as it stays current with the WebKit engine, I'll keep using OmniWeb. I don't think I could ever do without the tab drawer (I did, last summer for work with Firefox, and I hated it).