The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10.5.5 update broke Certificate access? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The MacOS 10.5.5 update appears to have broken OW use of digital certificates to access secure sites. This affects both the release version and the latest SP. Attempting to sign into our University webmail system using a personal digital certificate throws the following error: NSURLErrorDomain error -1206. If I use password credentials instead of a certificate, I can access the site, and pulling web passwords in from the keychain still works.

Both Safari and Firefox3 can access the site, although the behavior is changed. Both browsers now present a certificate confirmation dialog absent prior to 10.5.5.

My University uses a one-time "netbadge" login for access to secure resources. URL's for these sites redirect to a secure login portal for certificate or password entry. Upon entering your credentials, webmail requests go to a switchboard page that redirects you to either the faculty/staff webmail system or Gmail/live@msn for students. Some versions of OW prior to 5.7 had trouble with the redirects, but this is not the problem this time.

Last edited by technomage; 2008-09-17 at 05:11 AM..