The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PNG transparency? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT View Post
Perhaps the poster has a colour blindness issue that prevents them from seeing the text clearly.
This is not so much an issue with color blindness as an issue with sites that opt for egregious, low-contrast color combinations like jalopnik (light green/beige text on grey background), use of horrific background images (think myspace) and use of non-standard link colors. Hence my preference for a universal override. Call me old-fashioned, but I have no patience for anything but sans-serif, black text on an appropriate high-contrast background (ref. David Siegel). I spend 8+ hours a day in front of a computer that eyestrain is a genuine concern. Unfortunately, I've yet to find an effective custom stylesheet override for OW which can substitute for a global setting. Safari's css override handling and Firefox's apprearance preferences behave as expected, while OW's do not. Having said that, I wouldn't even consider trading OW as my primary browser for either of these options.