The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Sort sidebar Projects & Folders alphabetically? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

I wondering if anyone can help, I would like to sort the sidebar (in project view) alphabetically based on the folders and the projects within them.

For example I currently have ...

REMOTE (folder)
Mark Robinson - Fix Printer (project)
Andy Smith - Fix AV (project)

ONSITE (folder)
Robin Adams (wireless setup)
Claire Johnson (printer setup)

I would like it to look like this !!

ONSITE (folder)
Claire Johnson (printer setup)
Robin Adams (wireless setup)

REMOTE (folder)
Andy Smith - Fix AV (project)
Mark Robinson - Fix Printer (project)

Is there any way I can do this automatically?

Hope its not a silly question !

Thanks Richard

Close the folders in the sidebar, then select everything you want to sort there. Now invoke Edit->Sort->(desired sort). It doesn't keep it sorted for you, it's just a one-shot action.

You can also rearrange actions in a project by selecting them in the outline and doing the same command. Note well however that doing so changes the order in which they are to be done, not just the display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Close the folders in the sidebar, then select everything you want to sort there. Now invoke Edit->Sort->(desired sort). It doesn't keep it sorted for you, it's just a one-shot action.

You can also rearrange actions in a project by selecting them in the outline and doing the same command. Note well however that doing so changes the order in which they are to be done, not just the display.
Thanks for tip, it would be handy if there was a way to automatically sort the items.

Could this be added to the wish list? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardjhudson73 View Post
Thanks for tip, it would be handy if there was a way to automatically sort the items.

Could this be added to the wish list? :)
To reliably submit a feature request or question where you need a guaranteed answer, use Help->Send Feedback