The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Upgrade to Family License Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am a happy user of OF and have convinced my domestic partner to use it with me. Is there any way to upgrade my individual license to a family license? I have some hope of getting my kids macs and putting them on OF as well later.

Thanks!

David

Welcome to the forums, David! Yep, you can upgrade from a 1-person license to a Family Pack. Just head over to our online store, then click on OmniFocus. Click the dark blue "Upgrade" tab on the next page, then click the "Buy" button next to "Upgrade to: Family License".

The next page will ask for some info about the license you purchased from us previously; you'll have access to the upgrade price ($40) once it's been entered.

(The Mac App Store doesn't offer upgrade support: if that's where you purchased our license, email our sales folks and they can assist. Off the top of my head, I'm not sure how they handle that case.)

Mac App Store (MAS) purchases use this rule "You may auto-download Eligible Content or download previously-purchased Eligible Content from an Account on up to 10 Associated Devices, provided no more than 5 are iTunes-authorized computers." so essentially every purchase is a family license, albeit a bit more cumbersome to manage because you need to align MAS account logins. There is no ability to upgrade a license or get credit for one purchased directly from Omni. At this point you can either pay the $80 again (Omni gets something like 60% of that) buy buying from the MAS or pay Omni the $40 directly for the upgrade.