The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Filtering by available tasks with AppleScript Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi all, I'm trying to get a list of all available flagged tasks using AppleScript and having some trouble figuring out how to do it. I can get all flagged tasks without a problem using this:

Code:
tell application "OmniFocus"
	tell front document
		set report to ""
		repeat with f in (flattened tasks whose completed is false and flagged is true)
			set report to report & "• " & name of f & return
		end repeat
	end tell
end tell

Sometimes a task is flagged and also blocked (because I can't start it until a specific date, for example), and this list includes such tasks. I'd like to filter them out as well. I see that there's an "available task" noun in the OF scripting dictionary, but I'm unsure how to use it - could anyone give an example or suggestion? Thanks!

-Daniel