The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

visited URLs list flawed Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Oops, you're right - the entries are sorted alphabetically. Last viewed order applies only to the history. This does make sense if you're actually using several strings to look for. Hmmm. I'm not sure if I should be glad about it or rather dislike this behaviour. :-)

I think that it isn't worth it either to save non-loaded pages. Or if you want the best of both worlds, put them at the bottom of the list after a divider, but don't pollute the list with them

Why is the first choice whatever I have typed in? I can just hit return for that entry, and I find it annoying that the first selection is unnecessary.

Third, why is the location bar so short and the search bar so very large? I don't really like to use the alternate location bar as it is distracting and is too much. If someone could point to the NIB where the toolbar stuff is, I will gladly edit this myself I guess.

Toolbar's aren't defined in nib--but we do have a BrowserWindow.toolbar file that you can modify...

The idea behind showing you the thing you typed in, is that our default completion scheme is user configurable so it is a reminder of where the current string will take you. If you type in a search shortcut, (like "google foo" it shows you what that will turn into as well. Finally, we allow you to put the current completion into the field without following it to allow you to edit it further.