The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniPlan 2.0, is this actually being worked on? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
There are several features that have been cited for OmniPlan 2.0 (e.g., multiple projects) that I really need, but I've heard so little about new development on this product (and it's been a long time since the last maintenance release) that I'm wondering if it's still in active development. Can anyone shed any light on this?

OmniPlan 2 has been under heavy development for a few years and is nearing the end of its development cycle. (Most major product releases take 24-36 months to develop.)

The major focus of OmniPlan 2 is collaboration. We look forward to sharing more about it soon!

... hopefully "sharing more soon" means sneaky peaks!

I am really looking forward. Using OmniPlan for quite some time now (as well as OmniFocus and OmniGraffle) I would love to see the first sneaky peek asap.
If there is a need for Beta testers, do not hesitate.... ;-)

BTW: The Omni Team did a great job with ALL iPAD versions.

I just really hope that all the bugs/oddities I found (talk with Aaron ;) ) will be crushed as well and that OP 2 will not just suffer from the infamous coding disease 'featuritis'.
I still prefer OP over Merlin, don't get me wrong, I think OP is the best balance between complexity and features that I know of, but there are some essential things still not working that I am really really hoping to see in OP 2, with the most important being that resource levelling is handling equipment properly.
That is such an important and useful feature, I'm sure you would gain thousands of new customers, if that would work right.

BR,
Michael
(Omnigroup got me hooked btw, now test-driving OF ;) )

Glad to hear OmniPlan is getting attention, Ken. As with others, I've been anxiously awaiting the multiple-project capability. Having recently been lured back to using OmniFocus by its excellent iPad version -- and loving it -- I'm now looking at reviving my use of OmniPlan, but that multiple-project limitation remains a show-stopper.

Look forward to giving you more money ASAP!

Cannot wait... I just got the rest of my team using OmniFocus (on all devices) and being able to now collaborate in some fashion would be great.

BZ

Is there a sneak-peak beta of OmniPlan 2.0 available now?

I add my vote for a beta soon.

Miss the iCal sync of other softs.... and the iPad links.

Omnifocus is not sufficient for me...

Hello

Any news on OmniPlan 2.0 (with multiproject feature ;-) and iPad version of OP?

Cheers, Roland