The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Column type: color boxes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
As a richer variation of the check box, I would love to have a column type that would be a pop up menu of colors (or images) that would fill the selected cell.
For instance green, yellow, red would be a more visual alternative to the current checkbox. It would also allow to create Gantt type diagrams.
Any interest - or any trick to make it happen in the existing release?

That's a wonderful idea. In fact, I was just hoping for that kind of functionality while searching the forum. Kudos. :) -Hatef

I would like that also!

Did you post this in feature requests?

Hi there-

You can try using these two AppleScripts I just finished for this. Basically how it works is you have a document called 'Color Reference' that you set up with a name and background color(or image). Then run the GetColumn script on your outline file and it will add a popup column with a listing of each item from the reference file. After you set the column entries to the color you want for each row, run the Apply style script on your outline file and it will add the background color from the reference file to the style of that row.

Let me know if you run into any trouble with it, I haven't tested it a lot.

--
Derek M.
Support Engineer
The Omni Group
Attached Files
File Type: zip Archive.zip (25.6 KB, 618 views)