The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spontaneous crashes with 5.11 sneaky peek Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
For some reason 5.11 has started crashing again. Submitted crash reports but no answer yet.

For some reason 5.11 has started crashing again. Support indicates that it's font-related, but apparently no solution is forthcoming. I've gone back to 5.10.3, and reluctantly may have to start looking for another browser. Any suggestions?

I'm seeing random crashes even though my ~/Library/fonts folder is empty. Ran Font Book too and it reported no duplicate fonts. I am suspecting that the problem is somehow Flash-related as I had Flash issues a couple of years ago with an earlier release but that's just a guess, I have nothing to back that up with. If anyone can figure out what the issue is it would be much appreciated.

Crashes are now happening several times a day. I've decided to send a crash report each time in hope that one of the ninjas can figure out what the heck is going wrong. Might be time to go back to 5.10 soon or finally bite the bullet and start using Safari all the time.

Alan, are you running OS X Lion and OmniWeb 5.11? The OmniWeb 5.11.1 Sneaky Peeks should be much more stable under the new operating system:

http://www.omnigroup.com/application...ad/sneakypeek/

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_m View Post
Alan, are you running OS X Lion and OmniWeb 5.11? The OmniWeb 5.11.1 Sneaky Peeks should be much more stable under the new operating system
Yes, I am running OSX Lion, I will give the latest Sneaky Peek a try, thanks!

Still crashing even with the Sneaky Peek. Sent in a crash report, hopefully this will help figure out whats going on.

It's a shame they can't fix this darn crash problem with 5.11. I keep trying from time to time, but it's still there. Thank goodness 5.10.3 is so stable.

It's scary when you're so attached to a browser you still keep using it even when it's crashing a dozen or more times a day.

Some of mine are definitely memory-leakage related (the social media idiocy on so many websites these days leaks insane amounts of RAM), I suspect some of them are Flash related but a lot of the time it seems to happen with no apparent cause.

Frustrating, but I still love you OmniWeb.