The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus Load Time on Lion Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I'm curious if others have long load times (15-20 seconds) when loading OmniFocus on Lion? I've struggled with this for months now, even sent a report to the ninjas, but they responded at the time they haven't seen any reports on this. I have tried pruning my database, archiving old entries, rebuilding the database, yet nothing has helped. I'll get a long delay at launch, the app beach balls, and then everything is fine. I can quit the app, restart it a few minutes later, and the load time is nearly instant. However, if I wait an hour or so, the long load time is back.

I got so fed up with this that I decided yesterday to wipe my hard drive clean and reinstall Lion. I did not restore anything on the drive from Time Machine-just a clean install of Lion and OmniFocus, and the default (new) OmniFocus database. I saw the same behavior with this stripped-down configuration and no sync set up, so I'm confident that there is nothing about my database or sync connection that is causing the problem. My hardware is a 2011 2.2 GHz 15" MBP, 8GB RAM, 7200 RPM HDD.

Any ideas what I might try, or is this what everyone is seeing?