The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News feed labels do not work in collections Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I save a news feed to my bookmarks, then move the feed to my collections, OW automatically changes the label of the feed to "News Feed". This is clearly a bug. I notice, however, on the OW product page, there is a screenshot of feeds in the collections column with their actual name. How can this be restored?

As advertised:

As currently works:

Last edited by hardcoreUFO; 2007-07-20 at 05:49 AM..

Anyone have some insight into this one? Is there even a plist file I could hack to put things right?

This is a looooong standing bug in OmniWeb that OmniGroup are aware of, fwiw. My personal opinion based on no information whatsoever to back it up, other than it doesn't happen for everyone, is that it has something to do with the language setting for the OS. Anything other than US English, and the bug will occur is my pet little theory. If someone wants to blow that theory out of the water by telling me that this happens to them on a US English system, please do ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
If someone wants to blow that theory out of the water by telling me that this happens to them on a US English system, please do ;)
I'd be happy to: mine is US English (if thats not an oxymoron).

I'm just a little sad that none of these glaring RSS bugs and shortcomings (and there are many) are getting attention in the 5.6 release.

I'm hoping that at least this RSS bug will be fixed by 5.6 -- it seems like relatively low-hanging fruit.

Anyone else have any ideas on this one? Feed reading in OW would be way easier if I could store individual feeds in the collections.

Well at least you got the feed in OW! When I click the little "subscribe to RSS Feed" icon at the bottom the menue says: "Watch RSS in Safari" - not kidding!

Check your General preferences - you probably have Safari selected as the Default Feed Reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT View Post
This is a looooong standing bug in OmniWeb that OmniGroup are aware of, fwiw.
Please fix this. I'm begging you.