The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

People wants to move from Things, but they need a 'Today-View' Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thank you for your detailed answer!

Review > My 'review' is to look at due-soon and over-due every morning and I see what I've to done now or soon - but I think this is the wrong way of reviewing, right?

GPS > Here is an example how I use GPS w/ contexts:

Contexts:
- Customer
--- Customer A (w/ GPS)
--- Customer B (w/ GPS)

- Office

- Home

- Shooping
--- Shop A
--- Shop B

Projects:
- Company
-- Admin Stuff

- Customers
--- Customer A
--- Customer B

- Family
- Friends

Ok, now at home or in the office I'll look in context-mode what I could or what I've (overdue) to done there. As you can see I've customer as projects/folders and as contexts, why? In the projects/folders of customers I'll find all tasks I've to done for them and the context tells me where I've to done this.

Such us a task in project 'Customer A' could be 'design something' with context 'Office' - So I know I've to design something for customer A in my office.

Or it could be a task the same project 'check server' with context 'Customer A' - so I know I've to check the server at the home/office of the customer.

Do you think this isn't useful?

Repeating-Tasks > no that's not complete true, OF can't do repeating tasks like Things. In Things repeating-tasks are templates that reproduce itself when a date arrives - that's really cool (such us you are overdue with a repeating task - OF would show it in red and until you checked it as done you wan't see that you have to do it twice, because you are so overdue that the next repeating day is already arrived. In Things this is no problem, because Things reproduce a second task with the same text - so you can directly see, that you've to do it twice now)

Money > the thing is, that I use my GTD-SW to get an overview of what I've to pay now and soon. I just create a single-task-list called 'financial' and put all the things I've to pay now, monthly or so on as actions into it.

I know this is not the way the software is for, but in a little way this are tasks, because I've to (do) pay this bills ;)