The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Inspecting SSL Certificates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How do I do this in OW? In Safari, I click the lock, and I get the full certificate details. Doing so does not have the same effect in OW.

Is there another way to do it?

I'm on OW553

Payam

Nope. There's another thread around here somewhere on it... maybe in the feature requests section.

My situation may be a due to a problem experience with WebKit after doing the November security upgrade.

In any case, if Under Keychain > Preferences > Certificates, I select "Require if certificate requires" then a window will open for secure sites asking if I want to use a given certificate which is not trusted. From that window I can get information about the certificate that is similar to clicking on Safari's lock.

Of course, this is not intentional (I think) and I'm still concerned about "dropping my shields" when surfing (relaxing what is required of certificate checks).

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiyi666@yahoo.com
Of course, this is not intentional (I think) and I'm still concerned about "dropping my shields" when surfing (relaxing what is required of certificate checks).
I'm not sure that this makes much of a difference. At least, it did little for me.

But, for example, go to a site with a self-signed certificate, like this one:
https://permail.uni-muenster.de/
and you will be presented with the option of examining the certificate. So, I think all that has to happen is for the OG people to simply assign this task to the lock icon.

Payam

Quote:
Originally Posted by philonous
I'm not sure that this makes much of a difference. At least, it did little for me.

But, for example, go to a site with a self-signed certificate, like this one:
https://permail.uni-muenster.de/
and you will be presented with the option of examining the certificate. So, I think all that has to happen is for the OG people to simply assign this task to the lock icon.

Payam
That would be a nice added feature.