The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to get documents into a word processor? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
from the previous posts in this thread, a direct appeal to the Ninjas is required to see action.
As well as exporting to Pages, I would like to export to Keynote.(see other post)

The export to Pages now included, only works with plain text - thus removing any layout you have set up.

Come on Ninjas - please!

Just to clarify, the Send to App ability added in 1.1 is simply the ability to send the chosen file type to another app that is registered to accept it. Pages accepts plain text so it's an option. Keynote does not so it's not in the list. We don't have control over what apps show up.

Thanks Derek - that is very helpful. I still don't understand ( please excuse my computer ignorance - never got beyond BASIC programming) why Omnioutliner can export a file that can be imported into Keynote, whereas the iPad version does not have this functionality.
I really don't want to have to back and forward between my iMac and iPad when I should be able to do 90% of what I need to do on the iPad

The Mac version has an exporter which writes to the Keynote 1 format. It's probably possible to add to the iPad but turns out Keynote for iPad won't import the KN1 format. So, this means we'd have to write a new exporter and the Keynote file format is private so it's not something that could be done quickly.

However, with OO iPad 1.1, you can now copy rows and paste them into Keynote.

I am glad to read it..learning more...thanx.

I'm shocked too. It's been several years now and Pages outlines still aren't supported in the mac version either.

It certainly does beg the question of what Omni has in mind for this extremely common and straightforward work flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamnoir View Post
I'm shocked too. It's been several years now and Pages outlines still aren't supported in the mac version either.
Sorry, could you clarify what you mean here? The Mac (Pro) version can export to MS Word docx format which can be imported into Pages and preserves the outline structure when viewing the outline mode in Pages.

Thanks!

Son of a gun, Derek's right. My OO3 outlines exported to docx open up as perfect outlines in Pages when viewed in Outline Mode. (It was that last part I hadn't tried before - my bad.)

Now if only I could get rid of the blue diamonds that Pages inserts at the beginning of every item ...