The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Adding URL links to words Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there an easy way of associating a hyperlink to text in OO? I know you can type or paste in links, but you then have to manually hack the link attachment to change the text. I'd like to be able to highlight a word or words, and associate a link (say, from the clipboard or the current page in Safari) with the text.

If not, is there a script to this effect?

Related to this, a great feature to add for OO4 would be to have lookups. That is, to be able to look up and replace selected text with (for example) a Wikipedia search result, Google search result, or stock quote.

Currently, I am trying to use OO to prepare class notes for a course I am teaching, and it would be great if it were easier to link to outside information on the fly.