The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Close miniature tabs in their upper right corner Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This is not the most important request in this list, but on the other hand the small details make the almost perfect become perfect if adjusted.

I would prefer if the cross for closing the miniature tabs windows would be placed in the upper right corner. Mac users close windows in general by clicking a (red) button in the upper right corner. Other window based OS's (that I've seen) that have come after Mac OS use other positions and I suspect they made this choice because they had to/wanted to be different from Mac if possible. Why not stick to this placement in the miniature windows on the side as well? It is Macish sort of say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Stalberg
This is not the most important request in this list, but on the other hand the small details make the almost perfect become perfect if adjusted.

I would prefer if the cross for closing the miniature tabs windows would be placed in the upper right corner. Mac users close windows in general by clicking a (red) button in the upper right corner. Other window based OS's (that I've seen) that have come after Mac OS use other positions and I suspect they made this choice because they had to/wanted to be different from Mac if possible. Why not stick to this placement in the miniature windows on the side as well? It is Macish sort of say.
Do you not mean "upper left corner" or are you still using OS-9?

Mark

Yes, I ment left. Sorry. I thought that OS 9 used the left as well but it seems I made a misstake here as well. OS X, left upper is what my suggestion is about. Thanks!

Just my guess, but the thing to think about here is that the caption intuitively goes under the thumbnail. Putting the close button on the same line conserves space. I wouldn't want to see an extra line added to move it up, but if it was laid over the thumbnail like the green check mark for pages that have finished loading, I'd like it.

I agree that the button makes the most sense where it is (with the caption), but it would definitely be nice if there were a mouse-driven way to close tabs that didn't require hitting such a small target (middle-mouse click the tab? Double/triple click it?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by George the Flea
it would definitely be nice if there were a mouse-driven way to close tabs that didn't require hitting such a small target (middle-mouse click the tab? Double/triple click it?).
Right-click, Close Tab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
Right-click, Close Tab.
While quicker than shooting for the "x", right clicking and navigating a contextual menu is still slow. Firefox closes a tab if you middle-click anywhere on it; I think the behavior would be a good addition for OmniWeb.

Obviously not critical, but it would be a nice feature.