The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How can I keep a sort active? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I can sort a list of actions, by "due date" for example, in a project view from EDIT, but I'm not able to retain that sort. I'd like to be able to change a due date of an action and have that action move to the new sorted location without having to manually re-sort again.

I've created a perspective after I've done the sort, but when I call up that perspective later, the sort order is gone and I have to manually re-sort from EDIT again.

Is there a way to keep the sort active?

No, the presumption is that order matters in projects, and so OmniFocus will only reorder actions in a project upon command. If you make a context mode perspective using a focused project (select the project(s) in the sidebar, focus, switch to context mode) you can group by project and sort by due date, which should give an approximation of what you are trying to do, and that display will update automatically. Note however that because you are only changing the display ordering with the view bar, not the actual order of the actions, the order you see in that display will not necessarily be the order in which you would see the actions presented to you if you viewed that project in a next action view.