The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Tabs not restored after crash in sp6? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
With SP6 my tabs are no longer restored after a crash - it always reverts to a snapshot of that workspace. Is this just me? I have a feeling it may be to do with my history index file being disabled (me trying to sync Omniweb between my G5 and my powerbook)

Is the workspace set to autosave?

Yes it is. I'll see if it happens with sp7!

If it does continue to happen you might try seeing if this happens in other workspaces as well.

Looking good with sp7 - not seen the problem again.

Nope - had 3 crashes today, all restored to a snapshot, not the last group of tabs (although though sites were visible in History)

I'll try a new workspace, and see if thats any different.

OK, I tried a new workspace (other than default). This time the behaviour was different. It loaded up the first workspace instead (rather than the one I was in when it crashed). When I returned to my workspace, there were no saved tabs, despite the 'auto-save' being ticked.

I'll try deleting my workspaces and starting afresh.

The crash always happens the same way. Closing tabs one after the other, it seems to crash around the third one.

FWIW, in 5.1.3 I would find that occasionally after a crash, my entire workspace would be gone.