The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Creating due date of X days after previous task is completed? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

I'm hoping this isn't a silly question !!

I was wondering if there is a way to create a due date of X number of days for the next tasks based on the completion of the previous task.

For example ...

Project - Computer Check Up

Task 1 - Remove Viruses
Task 2 - Return to customer
Task 3 - Check everything is OK?

Once I've completed Task 1 and 2, I would like the due date on Task 3 to be in 7 days.

The only way I can currently see to do this is to manually enter a due date once I've completed Task 2.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance !!

Rich

Here is where I would use the Defer script available from http://bylr.net/files/
It is a extra couple of clicks but works well.

Defer doesn't really do it. The OP and I want a way to set a start or due date relative to the completion of the previous task, so that no action is required on our part to make it happen. An example might be responding to a proposal where you have to respond within so many days after receiving it, but don't know when you are going to receive it, just that you are waiting to receive it.

Rich, use Help->Send Feedback to get that feature request in the system!

I want the same thing!