The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Plaxo 3.0, Google Cal, iCal and OmniFocus... oh my! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Plaxo 3.0 just came out. It looks like they are trying to sync EVERYTHING together. Outlook cal and contacts, iCal and Address book, Google gmail and Calendar, Yahoo, Email everywhere, etc... I am using iCal and Google cal together now, and my OmniFocus Export sync's directly from my iCal to my Google Calendar, and vise versa. (so claims Plaxo... I have had it for 2 days and haven't had a chance to really see if it works) Seems like this would be useful... anyone using this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyan
I am using iCal and Google cal together now, and my OmniFocus Export sync's directly from my iCal to my Google Calendar, and vise versa.
So are you saying that you have two-way syncing with Google Calendar and iCal?

I might have to check that out; I'm leery of adding Yet Another Online Service, but it drives me crazy that iCal won't let me edit my subscribed Google Calendar, and vice-versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelmore

I might have to check that out; I'm leery of adding Yet Another Online Service, but it drives me crazy that iCal won't let me edit my subscribed Google Calendar, and vice-versa.
FYI, GCALDaemon purports to do that. If Plaxo doesn't satisfy you, you may want to look into it. (I've been too intimidated to try to set it up, so I can't vouch for it...)

You can use Spanning sync to sync iCal and Google calendar ... I actually reviewed it at my site ....

Shameless plug

http://macsparky.wordpress.com/2007/...c-and-goosync/

Spanning Sync also does this, I'm told.

Edit: Sorry for the dupe, in the time it took to register, someone else beat me to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelmore
No, currently it does not support syncing iCal from your desktop. I thought that too, but after registering and installing their app, it only syncs your contacts/Address Book.

FAQ @ Plaxo

I tested it today. Syncing iCal with Plaxo is two-way. Plaxo does this with a background process called "Plaxo Assistant," which appears to perform the synchronization using SyncServices. It does not sync to-do lists at this point though...

On a separate note, I found BusySync to be great for sharing calendars and allowing editing among macs on the same network.