The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Omnifocus for iPad sync with iPhone. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I recently purchased OmniFocus for iPad which is great but I also would like it to sync with my iPhone but I don't have a mac- is this possible? I am using the beta back-up in the cloud service if this makes a difference? Any help gratefully received! Thanks.

Should work fine. Configure the iPad to use the same sync settings as the iPhone. One way to do that is to log in to the sync web page from your iPad's browser and click on the Send To OmniFocus button in the description of your account. Or just click the Sync with Omni Sync Server button in the sync setup panel on the iPad. The latter is easier, but the former allows for people who may have chosen a different pathname to the sync database.

Do not enter any data you want to keep on the iPad before setting up the sync. The sync code doesn't handle syncing two unrelated documents. If you already have entered a bunch of data on the iPad and wish to save it, contact the Omni support ninjas for assistance at 1-800-316-OMNI or +1-206-523-4152 and they'll lead you through it.