The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Enhancement req.: Date editing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Editing dates in OMF is more difficult than it should be:
- I find the little edit date button when you’re editing date fields a bit difficult to use. It’s, well, too little: my miss rate is ~30%.
- It would be very useful to have a set of keyboard shortcuts to insert common date values, like you did in OmniOutliner.

In any case, it should be possible to add dates to a task without leaving the keyboard, I think. Or maybe it is possible already, but I haven't found out about it yet?

Last edited by HiramNetherlands; 2007-07-18 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: Unclear

I've found I can tab over into the due date column and type "monday 7a" or "8/15" etc., ... except for sometimes. Sometimes I can't get a cursor into that box and I have to resort to the mouse. I haven't yet figured out the pattern (if there is one) to when I can get there and when I can't, which would help debug. Is anybody else having this problem too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
Sometimes I can't get a cursor into that box and I have to resort to the mouse. I haven't yet figured out the pattern (if there is one) to when I can get there and when I can't, which would help debug. Is anybody else having this problem too?
That happens to me all the time. I've found that it happens when tabbing from start date to end date more often than when tabbing from context to start date. Other than that, I haven't yet figured out any pattern either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEP
That happens to me all the time. I've found that it happens when tabbing from start date to end date more often than when tabbing from context to start date. Other than that, I haven't yet figured out any pattern either.
I'm having the same problem too. For me it happens most when tabbing from context to start date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly
I'm having the same problem too. For me it happens most when tabbing from context to start date.
lol. Welcome to alpha country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgio Valoti
Editing dates in OMF is more difficult than it should be:
- I find the little edit date button when you’re editing date fields a bit difficult to use. It’s, well, too little: my miss rate is ~30%.
It should be much easier to click on the date picker button in today's builds. Please let us know if you're still having trouble with this!

Quote:
- It would be very useful to have a set of keyboard shortcuts to insert common date values, like you did in OmniOutliner.
There are a lot of shortcuts you can use when entering dates, please see this thread: Some interesting things you can do with start and end dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiramNetherlands
In any case, it should be possible to add dates to a task without leaving the keyboard, I think. Or maybe it is possible already, but I haven't found out about it yet?
You should be able to do this now: I enter all my dates from the keyboard. If you're having trouble with this, please be sure to send us feedback so we can try to fix whatever bug is plaguing you!

Last edited by Ken Case; 2007-07-18 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: Fixed a bad word choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case
This should be much easier to click on the date picker button in today's builds. Please let us know if you're still having trouble with this!
I have been having problems with this and build 88988 fixes it very well.