The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What are Effort Conversion Factors? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
What are Effort Conversion Factors and why do I need them? This is inducing quite a lot of head scratching, and my scalp is suffering!

This is under Inspector, Project, Formatting. The left side is "Durations Display" and the right side is "Effort Conversion Factors."

I know that the "Effort Conversion Factors don't actually change the working hours for the project, just the way durations are displayed"--according to the manual, but it seems I'm obliged to do something here.

If I uncheck all the boxes on the left, my Effort and Duration columns in the task view go blank and I don't get to see that data anymore. So I guess I have to check some of the boxes on the left.

How, then, are the figures on the right--the "Effort Conversion Factors" going to affect how durations and effort are displayed? And where? I have non-standard work week days--some are longer than others--and this menu doesn't seem to allow that granularity.

I admit I'm a newbie at OmniPlan, but I am totally stumped by this menu--what it does, what it can do for me, why I have to set it up, how setting it up might screw up display data.

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.