The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

repeat actions in folder-project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I bought omnifocus. Have a question with: In folder made Project whith new action, where I added fot this new action start today, due Date also today, repeat time every week in weekdays and save it I look this in Project tab. In Menu Forecast in the leftI look this added action BUT When I click to in this window on the right corner where is is time what I added this action hide and lost it but not see for tomorow automaticly +1 icon on the top, where is tag name. In our example: My made action name was apple, what I added in folder-project-new action. These elements, as folder-project-actioan I have set up as repeat every week for weekdays. When I go to menu on the left and pick to forecast I look this apple action. When I pick it as 'I made this' in the right side in the square, this action hide it. But is ok. But not added this automaticly for next day. Despite all those that I do I set. When I add in inbox new entry with start day and due day for todfay and repeat same way as before - very weekdays, and I pick menu forecast in the left side, and pick this entry because I finished it - item - action - automiticly look in next day.

Question is: only in new entry without folder and project Can I see action as repeat when I click to square for finish? Because when is it finished, this entry without folder or project and I put it in forecast automaticly look in the top menu where are days name new small number with this element. in forecast menu in today view in tab where is my due today - day and Date, where is my entry added to folder and project I look this now. I pick it as "made it". And after picked it thos tab only step it but nothing chaging - not add this entry for tomorrow. I'd like to see after pick this entry look in tomorrow automaticly after picked this element in today view - bacuase I added repeat for weekdays. in forecast menu in today view in tab where is my due today - day and Date, where is my entry added to folder and project I look this now. I pick it as "made it". And after picked it thos tab only step it but nothing chaging - not add this entry for tomorrow. I'd like to see after pick this entry look in tomorrow automaticly after picked this element in today view - bacuase I added repeat for weekdays.

I think what you are asking about is this:

You made an action which repeats every weekday. But when you look in the Forecast view, you only see one copy of the action, for today, not the ones for tomorrow, the next day, etc. Is that right?

The reason is that OmniFocus handles repeating actions by making the next repeated action when you complete the current one. If you think about it, this is necessary with some of the repeats because the date of the next one depends on the date you completed the current one ("start after" or "due after" behave this way). Obviously, this makes predicting your future workload on any given date more difficult, as there may be additional repeating tasks which do not appear.

With "repeat every" repeats, the dates of future actions are known, and OmniFocus could display them, with some work. It might be best if only the current one could be edited in that case. To make a feature request, use the "Contact Omni" entry in the gear menu, or email omnifocus-ipad@omnigroup.com.

I apologize if I've misunderstood your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I think what you are asking about is this:

You made an action which repeats every weekday. But when you look in the Forecast view, you only see one copy of the action, for today, not the ones for tomorrow, the next day, etc. Is that right?

The reason is that OmniFocus handles repeating actions by making the next repeated action when you complete the current one. If you think about it, this is necessary with some of the repeats because the date of the next one depends on the date you completed the current one ("start after" or "due after" behave this way). Obviously, this makes predicting your future workload on any given date more difficult, as there may be additional repeating tasks which do not appear.

With "repeat every" repeats, the dates of future actions are known, and OmniFocus could display them, with some work. It might be best if only the current one could be edited in that case. To make a feature request, use the "Contact Omni" entry in the gear menu, or email omnifocus-ipad@omnigroup.com.

I apologize if I've misunderstood your question.
Good understood it. What do you mean what I must make when after pick square in forecast as to do is finish... and this to do automaticly I'd like to see in tomorrow date? Change any due date or repeat mode? Any idea?

Sorry, I am unable to understand this question :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Sorry, I am unable to understand this question :-(
All is ok, now. I will test what you wrote me and write you when any problem will be. Many thanks.

ok let us know if u need any help in futur