The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Multiple Monitors & Always Open Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi folks. Not sure if I missed how to control this, so I thought I would post.

I like to keep certain apps open. Since this is one of them, I want it open all the time, but I close windows so that they don't bother me.

When I click on the dock, two windows open, both called OmniFocus.ofocus. They are the same window, one larger than the other.

Second, they open up in monitor 1 (I have 4 monitors). How can I save a workspace?

I'm using Launchbar as well, so I'd love to be able to automate opening and closing this window.

Any ideas appreciated.

Cheers

I've never seen this problem on my system, but maybe this will help: OmniFocus remembers the state of all open windows from the last time you quit the app. Have you tried setting the window(s) up the way you like and then quitting (not just closing the windows, but actually quitting OmniFocus)?

FWIW, I generally prefer to setup an app the way I like it and then hide it when not it use, rather than closing or minimizing windows. The advantage is that all windows belonging to an app can be hidden from view with the press of a single key combination or mouse click, and the app's windows can be instantly displayed again when the app is brought back to the front, restoring your exact work environment (size, position, state of all open windows).

To hide the front-most app, hit Command-H, or select "Hide OmniFocus" from the OmniFocus menu in the menu bar, or Option-click the OmniFocus icon in the Dock.

Sorry if you already knew all this, I don't mean to restate the obvious. But sometimes people new to Mac OS (particularly coming from Windows) aren't used to the concept of hiding apps.

Hi there. Thanks for the notes on quitting. It worked.

NP on the notes. I've been using Mac OS since it came out. I'm an original, I just didn't know how this app would work. Even the Perspectives window is now gone.