The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Applescript Pointer - confirm Mail Account Before Sending Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have multiple personality disorder in that I work with a number of organisations, some of whom want me to use an email account on their systems.

So I have multiple accounts on mac mail.

Occasionally I forget to check which account the new mail is going to go from so the recipient gets a mail from philrob@companyA instead of philrob@companyB

I've done a quick google and not seen anything that makes sense.

I tried using outlook for company A, thunderbird for B, mac mail for C but that was too cumbersome and hogged resources.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some applescript that intercepts mail when I click the send button and says 'which account do you want to send this from' and makes me choose the account or alternatively a workaround that works?

Thanks in Advance

Phil

Why not just click only on the account for the company you're working for at the moment, instead of the union of all of them? Make sure you have the "Send new messages from:" field in the Composing preferences set to "Account of selected mailbox" and your outgoing email will come from that account only unless you deliberately change it while composing a message. Additional bonus: you don't see all the mail relating to stuff you aren't working on for this employer!

Thanks for the suggestion, however I normally kick off a new email with Ctrl-N and that just defaults to my first email account.

I've tested to see if having an account selected before hitting Ctrl-N works, but unfortunately it doesn't.

I'll do a search for 'attachment' checking scripts and see if they exist and can be bastardised to do what i want.

Any other suggestions gratefully accepted

You must not have all the preferences set as I do, because it works correctly for me.

Bingo!! You were spot on.

I had an incorrect setting in Mail --> Preferences --> Composing

It needed to be set to Send new messages from: [Account of Selected Mailbox]

I just need to learn the habit of clicking on the correct mailbox before CMD-N to create a new mail.

Thanks