The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > General > Forums Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniGames Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Where are the OmniGames??? Even if no support will be provided they are worth discussing :cool:

Corentin

I would suggest adding a general discussion forum so e.g. people could discuss new Apple releases and how they might impact on OmniGroup apps or for just chewing the cheese. We could discuss games in there too.

Speaking of Omnigames, here's a little tidbit for Fallout/Fallout 2 - if you are using 10.3 (I don't think it happens in 10.4), Fallout/Fallout 2 will (or may) crash on quit. To avoid this, all you have to do is Show Package Contents and rename the Duck and Cover sound file (Contents>Resources>duckandcover.aiff). You lose the intro sound when you launch, but the crashing stops when you quit.

I forget where it was I found that out, but it saved me a lot of pain. ;)

Hm... I'd kinda like if this forum would stay "on topic", i.e. would _not_ have some general discussion stuff and "halfly" related topics. If Leopard builds will have problems with, say, OW 5.5 final or SPs, I think we could discuss that in a separate thread in the specific OW forum.

What about new tech that potentially applies to all OmniGroup apps (and more) or things that overlap all applications (such as integrating them better)?

It's just a suggestion - e.g. the NeoOffice forums have a Random Whatnot section for people to post frivolous or unrelated items - works very well. Incidentally, they also have a Ranting forum for people to let off steam in to.

FWIW, another potential forum - one for Linkback. It depresses me that I don't see this tech mentioned enough elsewhere and it would be nice to have somewhere that does, especially as it adds so much worth to both OmniGroup apps and the others that do use it. Obviously, as it would be here, discussion would be largely limited to its use with OmniGroup apps, but it wouldn't hurt to have somewhere to discuss how to e.g. install it into Keynote, how to get it working, what problems people have with it, etc. Or is that best left for the individual app forums themselves too?

Last edited by JKT; 2006-03-24 at 02:18 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryke
Hm... I'd kinda like if this forum would stay "on topic", i.e. would _not_ have some general discussion stuff and "halfly" related topics. If Leopard builds will have problems with, say, OW 5.5 final or SPs, I think we could discuss that in a separate thread in the specific OW forum.
Well, actually, if you have a Leopard built you shouldn't be posting about it :) (even though the forums aren't fully public yet).

I don't have one just yet. But you're right, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
I would suggest adding a general discussion forum so e.g. people could discuss new Apple releases and how they might impact on OmniGroup apps or for just chewing the cheese. We could discuss games in there too.
It's called Omni Talk :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dph.chaoswerks
It's called Omni Talk :)
That section was added weeks after JKT's comment. You may want to look at the oldest thread in the board to get a rough idea how old it is.

Last edited by Forrest; 2006-04-12 at 09:22 AM..

Yeah, the original post looks silly now :)
Just believe me, I had looked around carefully and there was no such group back then. A few others were also added at later points like that.

Corentin