The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Getting "paying required (402)" error. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello, I have been loving using the new syncing feature.
But today, I am having this error on both my iPhone and on my Mac.

- - - - - - -
Unable to synchronize database with server.
Unable to perform WebDAV operation.
The idisk.me.com server returned "payment required" (402) in responce to a request to "PROPFIND /<user>/Documents/OmniFocus.ofocus".
- - - - - - -

I am a paid user of the Mobile Me service, so the message "payment required" is a surprise. The request must have taken a wrong turn somewhere.

I've reset the databse and removed the OmniFocus.ofocus file from the iDisk server, but syncing still gives back the same error.

Anybody else having this error?

I had this problem a week or two ago, and it turned out to be something wrong on the Apple end. I went to the MobileMe support page and did a chat with someone who was able to get it fixed.

I'm getting exactly the same problem as of about an hour ago ... same message on iPhone, MacBook and MacPro.

Can't find anything of use on Apple Support. I assume its a glitch on Mobile.me. Hopefully a short lived one ...

And as if by magic ... just after posting here I tried to sync again ... and all is back to normal. Seems to be definitely a temporary mobile.me end issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-one View Post
I'm getting exactly the same problem as of about an hour ago ... same message on iPhone, MacBook and MacPro.

Can't find anything of use on Apple Support. I assume its a glitch on Mobile.me. Hopefully a short lived one ...
Yeah....I wouldn't waste a lot of time trying to find any notification that they know there's a problem that is affecting you. I've been a MobileMe/.Mac/iTools customer since the beginning, and I think maybe I once saw a notification that told me that I wouldn't be able to use some service when I was having problems. The other 937 times I had to figure it out myself :) Don't be shy if it isn't working, go to the MobileMe support page and click on one of the question areas. If you drill down you eventually get to a chat option.

Quote:
I had this problem a week or two ago, and it turned out to be something wrong on the Apple end. I went to the MobileMe support page and did a chat with someone who was able to get it fixed.
Thank you for the reply.
I was going to do this when I arrived at my office today, but as others have already posted, the error mysteriously went away! So it is a temporary MobileMe error.

At least, it was good to know that. Thanks!