The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I click the 'sync' button, but nothing shows up.. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I click the 'sync' button, but nothing shows up in iCal? My todo's don't transfer or show up in iCal..

I get these error msg's

then this..

Just installed latest build as well..
Date: 2007-11-16 18:00:30 -0800
Builder: bungi
Host: tb104i.private.omnigroup.com
Revision: 94765

Using Leopard to..

Any ideas? Very frustrating..

Last edited by funkright; 2007-11-16 at 07:52 PM..

Hmmm...your error messages don't show up in the forum post. Try again, or Send Feedback from the Help menu in OmniFocus.

Exactly the same problem as funkright here -- on OS 10.4.11, the same two error messages.

EDIT:
Here's what worked for me: In Preferences/Sync assign all (!) contexts to calendars. After that, OF and iCal synced fine.

Last edited by mija77; 2007-11-17 at 02:09 AM..

thank you very much, that worked! Hope it continues to operate well. Glad I dropped the coin though, great all around program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mija77 View Post
Exactly the same problem as funkright here -- on OS 10.4.11, the same two error messages.

EDIT:
Here's what worked for me: In Preferences/Sync assign all (!) contexts to calendars. After that, OF and iCal synced fine.

spoke to soon.. tried syncing again after adding a few more todo's and all disappeared again from iCal.. tears of joy into tears of angst.. ;-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkright View Post
thank you very much, that worked! Hope it continues to operate well. Glad I dropped the coin though, great all around program.

It looks like it has to do with the nesting of folders within folders and how I may have been using the program. If the action is in subfolder alone, but not part of a project, it doesn't get sync'd with iCal.

I do wish that todo's under the same project would sync or show in iCal prior to the todo above it being checked as complete (sometimes it doesn't matter in what order a todo gets done).

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkright View Post
spoke to soon.. tried syncing again after adding a few more todo's and all disappeared again from iCal.. tears of joy into tears of angst.. ;-(