The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

rapidly increasing file size Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Since upgrading to 1.5r2, the size of my OmniFocus backups is growing quickly, though I have not been adding a huge amount of actions. I upgraded to 1.5r2 on Oct. 31. Here are the sizes:

Nov 3: 136KB in the morning, 764KB in the evening(!)
Nov 4: 876KB
Nov 5: 1.1MB
Nov 6: 1.1MB
Nov 7: 1.2MB
Nov 9: 1.3MB (stayed at this size)

I rebuilt the database today and still was at 1.3MB.

Is OmniFocus using a different method for backing up the database? These files are still not very large...I'm just curious.

FWIW, I move the OMF database back and forth via sneakerware from my machine at work (Mac Mini Intel) and home (G4 laptop). Both machines are running Mac OS X 10.5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by louabill View Post
Is OmniFocus using a different method for backing up the database? These files are still not very large...I'm just curious.
Yes, OmniFocus 1.5 uses a different method for its backups: it backs up all the transactions (change sets) in your database, rather than interpreting them and rewriting them as a single coalesced transaction.

I can verify the increasing file size and a possible consequence at http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=10574