The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Where to Find Serial? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I bought OmniWeb from the OmniGroup booth at Macworld '07. I installed it on my computer and used it for quite some time, then decided to put it on another of my computers. The second installation was rarely used, so when the hard drive of my main computer got busted, I pretty much forgot about OmniWeb in all the confusion of trying to recover my data.
Anyway, recently I've become interested in returning to the Omni side of things, and so have been trying to find my Omniweb license. Unfortunately, it appears as if I had not registered my copy of Omniweb, so I cannot recover my license. I was wondering if there is any way of getting it off of my second computer.
If there is such a way, please send me an email at (miles [at] milescrabill [dot] com).

PS. Sorry if this is the wrong section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesCrabill View Post
…and so have been trying to find my Omniweb license. Unfortunately, it appears as if I had not registered my copy of Omniweb, so I cannot recover my license. I was wondering if there is any way of getting it off of my second computer…
Omni Group licences are kept in Library/Application Support/Omni Group/Software Licenses by default.

I always move my licences to my home library so I don't lose them!

'Tis not there... That's very weird.

If there's a way of checking my license by IP, or some other method, I'd be willing to do it.

When you add a license you have three install options Personal, Computer and Network. The path mentioned above is for the case where you install it as a computer license.

Computer // Available to all accounts:
/Library/Application Support/Omni Group/Software Licenses

Personal // Installed in your home directory:
~/Library/Application Support/Omni Group/Software Licenses

Network // Available for certain network configurations:
/Network/Library/Application Support/Omni Group/Software Licenses

If you can't find it use the send feedback link and we'll do what we can to help you out!

It doesn't appear to be in any of these directories...
If Omni happens to have a receipt, which I doubt, the name would be "Robert Crabill". It could also be "Robin Crabill", but I doubt that. This is unfortunate, I will now be sure to register all of my products.

Feedback link?

Is it on the main site?

Last edited by MilesCrabill; 2007-12-23 at 02:45 PM..

Sorry, "Send Feedback" in the Help menu of OmniWeb--that will open up a mail message to us. With the holidays there might be a delay but we'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

I realize you might not be using OmniWeb, you should be able to run the demo without any trouble for 30 days (you just can't set a start page). But if you are not using OW right now, you can also send mail direct to omniweb5@omnigroup.com.