The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

104479 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

If this is not the right forum, I apologize... I have just recently started reading these forums

I just upgraded the sneaky peek to 104479 some minutes ago. Now, on one of my Macs, I get the message "Opening Omnifocus document" forever, and the application stalls. I have to end up force quitting it.

It had been working great until the previous version (last Friday?) when it began giving me the beach ball of death when starting the application. Now, I get the "Opening..." of death forever.

The other machine I have seems to be working fine on this new alpha. Is there a way I can just wipe whatever data there is in my laptop, and then sync from my idisk so that I start brand-new on that one?

Thanks.

...Jose

Delete the corrupted OmniFocus.ofocus file from ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus, then open OmniFocus and revert to a backup (default location for backups is ~/Documents/OmniFocus Backups). Then run the script as described in this topic: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=9164

This did the trick for me.

Thanks. It worked although it reverted me to a file 2 days ago. But at least it now "boots up." Thanks much.

...J