The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Using 'Save As' instead of 'Duplicate' in OmniGraffle Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ever since Apple issued a diktat that we were to suddenly desist from using Save As on our computers (this is their business ?), and that we should make high-minded efforts to persuade ourselves that we didn't need Save As and should, furthermore, immediately forget how simple and serviceable it had proved for decades, I have made efforts to conceal an inner groan whenever I found myself wasting time, yet again, with the sacerdotal inanities of that pious File > duplicate business.

In OmniGraffle, it doesn't even have a keybinding by default …

Brett Terpstra's Restore Save As everywhere article today thus comes like welcome rain …

( Haven't actually managed to make it work yet for Omni products :-)

Let me know if you do ...

I’m a bit puzzled: in Mountain Lion, Save As… is already built-in with the keyboard shortcut Command-Option-Shift-S. Is there something else that adding that same shortcut would do that I'm missing?

Thanks, Ken. Sounds as last like a good reason for moving 10.7 → 10.8 :-)

( and Brett Terpstra reports that you can get Save As in OO though Sys Prefs – presumably in 10.8 )

( So perhaps the Whig view of history is not entirely for the birds – even after setbacks, there can be progress … )