The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Is there a way to attach PDFs to an action? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
On an action's Attachments tab the is a way to attach a photo and audio but no way to attach a document such as a PDF? I think it would be handy to be able to do this.

I don't believe you can currently do the attaching on the iPad, but if you do it on the Mac (making sure to embed the file, not to add a link) you can view the file on the iPad. Send in a feature request with the Contact Omni option under the gear menu in the iPad app. Ken mentioned wanting better support for handing files between OmniFocus and other apps at one point, but more requests will get it more attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I don't believe you can currently do the attaching on the iPad, but if you do it on the Mac (making sure to embed the file, not to add a link) you can view the file on the iPad. Send in a feature request with the Contact Omni option under the gear menu in the iPad app. Ken mentioned wanting better support for handing files between OmniFocus and other apps at one point, but more requests will get it more attention.
I prefer the easy way of working with the Ipad edition, because I am on the road, very often. To add files like PDF files, Numbers or similar would be a real improvement!!

There is a pretty easy way of doing this without leaving the iPad - using OmniFocus Mail Drop.

You will need to set up OmniFocus Mail Drop and have an Omni Sync Server Account too.

See the Sticky at the top of the "Syncing via Omni Sync Server"
(sorry I can't post a link)

In a nutshell you send an email to your unique OmniFocus email address. Then sync Omnifocus and the email will become an action in your inbox - the Subject of the email is the name of the action, anything in the body of the email will be the note of the action, and here is the killer for you - any attachments on the email will be attached to the action.

This works with images, PDF, Numbers, Keynote, Pages, Documents, Good Reader, PDF Apps, Drop Box etc, etc - pretty much all decent apps have a "Send By Email" button.

The other total joy of OmniFocus Mail Drop is it closes the loop for those of us who have to work on a PC in the Office.

Hope that helps.

Thank´s Mr. Rob.
It works perfect! And the PDF is in the attachment´s tab!!!:-)